Our university is a foundation university that is a public legal entity with financial and administrative autonomy within the framework of Law on Higher Education established in 1996 by the Istanbul Education and Culture Foundation (ISTEK) The founder is Bedrettin Dalan.
* Yeditepe University provides education for the information age with contemporary education programs and applications. The main campus of our university carries the name "26 Ağustos Yerleşimi".
* There are classrooms for the first three years of education on campus, Basic Medical Sciences Laboratories, the Clinical and Vocational Skills Laboratory and other educational spaces, the Faculty of Medicine Dean's Office, the Department of Basic Medical Sciences.
* In addition, the Yeditepe University Information Center, located on campus, is trying to provide the best service with the resources available within the Rectorate according to the needs of the academic and administrative staff, students and researchers Books on Medicine and Health Sciences in the Information Center collection are available on open shelves in accordance with the National Library of Medicine (NLM) classification system. The information center area has 80 internet connections and total wireless internet connection. The Information Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
* The Medical Faculty Hospital started its services in Bostanci on the E-5 Highway in the 2005-2006 Academic Year. In this context, clinical education is being carried out in the Bagdat Street Policlinic and Balmumcu Eye Diseases Hospital. The new Oncology Surgical Center is scheduled to open in early 2016.
* 2000 Ministry of Health Education Protocol
* 2000-2003 Campus / Basic Medical Sciences Laboratories
* 2005 Yeditepe University Hospital
* 2003-2006 Ministry of Health Education Protocol renewed
* 2005-2006 Clinical and Vocational Skills Laboratory, Simulated Patient Practice (link eklenecek)
* The aim of the Clinical and Professional Skills Laboratory is to firstly provide skills training to preclinical and clinic-introductory undergrad students at the Faculty of Medicine, and to provide basic skills such as history taking, physical examination, patient physician relationship, and communication skills as well as provide professional skills like the application of defined invasive and non-invasive clinical procedures.
* Taking into account qualification based training criteria, learning by doing and full learning approaches have been adopted and humanistic education techniques are used. ICP, a 3-year block program at our faculty, is conducted independently of committee courses and is intended to provide skills training to preclinical and clinic students. In this context, it aims to provide feedback on students' performance, to evaluate basic clinical and vocational skills and to measure the adequacy of students.
* National Core Education Program (CEP) initial adaptation efforts 2005
* Educational Training Course (University of Florida in collaboration with Yeditepe University Faculty of Medicine), 12-15 / 12/2005 Teaching Teachers Course, "Epidemiology Methods: Beyond the basics for observational research design and analysis."
* Establishment of Medical Education Department, 2007
* Teacher Training Course (University of Illionis at Chicago College of Medicine DME in collaboration with Yeditepe University Faculty of Medicine Dep. of Med. Ed.), Teaching Teachers Course , “Curriculum Development and Change” “Standardized Patient / OSCE”, “Advanced OSCE”, 2007-2008
* The European University Association / SWOT ANALYSIS 2007 (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats)
* Council of Medical Deans / National Medical Education (Accreditation) Board (UTEAK): A member of the UTEAK was proposed upon request, currently a member of the faculty is representing YUTF is an active member of UTEAK DEK.
* UTEAK First Visit Team Training Meeting, September 25-26, 2010, hosted by YU TF.
* Relations with the Association for the Development of Medical Education (TEGED): Association for the Development of Medical Education YK Membership 2010-1012
* Clinical Education Improvement efforts: Cooperation with the Ministry of Health 1st, 2nd and 3rd level institutions should be carried out in an institutionalized structure in order to make students to tend to and monitor more patients and increase the knowledge and ability for different approaches of institutions.
* Educational Development Program (YUEGP), 2011: In this program, there are training groups (minimum of 12 and maximum 18 persons) consisting of lecturers who are involved in educational activities for students, other members of the healthcare team and colleagues. They are active in giving knowledge and skills through valid methods and aim to educate all of the program participants to take responsibility for the measurement and evaluation processes in the Faculty of Medicine of Yeditepe University.
* Training Practice Module 1: 26-27 February 2011 Basic Knowledge and Skills in Medical Education
* Training Practice Module 2: March 26-27, 2011 Introduction to Measurement Assessment – How to apply tests
* Training Applications Module 3: 30 April-01 May 2011 Assessing Students' Abilities and Performance Evaluation
* Hosting the Development of Medical Education Association’s (TEGED) 2014 National Congress
* Yeditepe University Medical School has been granted Full Accreditation Status until 2020 by the Association of Medical Education Programs Evaluation and Accreditation (TEPDAD) and the National Medical Education Accreditation Board (UTEAK).
*Yeditpe University Faculty of Medicine applied to the Association of Medical Education Programs Evaluation and Accreditation (TEPDAD) and the National Medical Education Accreditation Board (UTEAK) recognized by the World Federation for Medical Education (WFME) and the Higher Education Council (YÖK)
* Yeditepe University Medical School Pre-Graduation Medical Education Program was found to meet the National Standards for Pre-Graduation Medical Education and as a result of the evaluation made by the National Medical Education Accreditation Board, the program has been accredited until 2020 by the decision of board dated 11.04.2014.
* Thus, Yeditepe University Faculty of Medicine became the 21st medical faculty to be accredited by the Medical Education Program Evaluation and Accreditation Association National Medical Education Accreditation Board.
* In addition, Yeditepe University Hospital and Affiliated Institutions were accredited by JCI (Joint Commission International) on 2 November 2007. In other words, it became the first Turkish University Hospitals Group to document its quality and success internationally. After being accredited the second time in 2010, our quality proved to be sustainable by getting accredited for the third time by JCI in 2014 including new standards for Academic Medical Center Hospitals.