Yeditepe University School of Medicine, Department of Immunology was founded by Associate Professor Dr. Gülderen Yanıkkaya Demirel on 2011. Immunology Department is conducted by Stem Cell and HLA Typing Laboratories which are under Yeditepe University Education Hospital, Department of Internal Medicine, Hematology Division. Our department are running hematological immunology (mesenchymal stromal cells, myeloma etc.), neuroimmunology and immune cytotoxicity projects in collaboration with national and international research groups.
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Gülderen YANIKKAYA DEMİREL, MD, Ph.D
Head of Immunology Department
Tel:(0216) 578 00 00
Başak Aru, MSc.
Bachelor:İstanbul University Biology Department (2013)
MSc: Yeditepe University Molecular Medicine Department (2016)
PhD: Gebze Tecnical University Molecular Biology and Genetics
Yeditepe University School of Medicine Phase I, II and III
Yeditepe University School of Pharmacy Phase II
Yeditepe University School of Dentistry Phase II
Article Reading/Writing – Phase I
Scientific Project Proposal Writing – Phase II
Project Finalization/Reporting – Phase III
- AUTOIGG – Horizon 2020 MSCA RISE Project – Automated Functional Screening of IgGs for Diagnostics of Neurodegenerative Diseases (2018-2021)
- PID Test Standardization Study, Working Group for Monitorization of Primary Immune Diseases, ESCCA (2015 - )
- THYMISTEM - EU FP7 Project – Development of Stem Cell Based Therapy for Thymic Regeneration (2013 – 2015)
- Evaluation of Cellular Stress and Inflammasome Activation on Human Neuronal Progenitor Cell Line Derived Alzheimer Model - TÜBİTAK 1001 Research Project (Coordinator: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Gülderen Yanıkkaya Demirel, Yeditepe University School of Medicine, Department of Immunology), 2018 – 2021.
- Comparison of Apoptosis Levels between Women with Low Ovary Reserve which Receive either LH Supplement or not Followed by Gonadotropin Releasİng Hormone (GnRH) Agonist or GnRH Antagonist Supplement – Giresun University Research Projects Funding. (Coordinator Assistant Professor Dr. Şebnem Alanya Tosun), 2017.
- Effect of Propolis Extracts on Apoptosis and Cell Cycle Distribution of Different Cancer Cell Lines (Coordinator: Prof. Dr. Hasan Kırmızıbekmez, Yeditepe University School of Pharmacy), 2017 - .
- Cartilage Regeneration on 3D Woven Scaffolds - TÜBİTAK 1003 MAG (Engineering Research Funding Group) Project (Coordinator: TÜBİTAK MAM KTE), Project partner since 2017.
- Development of a Novel In Situ Mitochondria Quantification Method for Mitochondria Quantification of Lymphocyte Subsets of Alzheimer Patients.– TÜBİTAK 3001 – Research and Development Project (Assoc. Prof. Dr. Burcu Örmeci, Yeditepe University School of Medicine, Department of Neurology), 2014 – 2016.
- Investigation of Relationship Between NLRP3 Mediated Inflammatory Pathways and Nitridergic System on Rat Depression Model. (Infammasome and cytokine evaluations were performed at our laboratory) Funded by Marmara University Scientific Projects Support Fund, (Coordinator: Prof. Dr. Feyza Arıcıoğlu, Marmara University School of Pharmacy), 2014 - 2015.
- Determination of Gender Differences and Sex Hormones on Thymus Regeneration – TÜBİTAK 1002 – Fast Funding Project (Coordinator: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Gülderen Yanıkkaya Demirel, Yeditepe University School of Medicine, Department of Immunology), 2014 – 2015.
- Determination of Neurogenesis-related Genes’ Expression Levels on Rat Stress Model (Yeditepe University Scientific Council Fund), 2014.
Masters and Doctorate Theses
- Z. AKBULUT (Thesis author), G. DEMİREL (Thesis Advisor), Monitorization of B Cell Kinetics by kREC (kappa Deleting Recombination Excision Circle) Levels on Early Recovery Period of Lung TransplantatioN, Molecular Medicine (Ph.D.), Institute of Health Sciences, Yeditepe University, Turkey, 01 May 2017.
- F. T. AKDENİZ (Thesis author), G. DEMİREL (Thesis Advisor), Monitorization of T Cell Kinetics by TCR Excision Circle (TREC) Levels on Early Recovery Period of Lung Transplantation , Molecular Medicine (Ph.D.), Institute of Health Sciences, Yeditepe University, Turkey, 01 May 2017.
- B. ARU (Thesis author), G. DEMİREL (Thesis Advisor), Effect of Testosterone Propionate on Mesenchymal Stromal Cells, Molecular Medicine (MSc.), Institute of Health Sciences, Yeditepe University, Turkey, 15 June 2016.
- G. TERZİOĞLU (Thesis author), G. DEMİREL (Thesis Advisor), Effects Of Gender Dıfferences On Immune Senescence Mechanisms, Biotechnology (Ph.D.), Graduate School of Natural and Applied Sciences, Yeditepe University, Turkey, 09 June 2016.
- Ö. ALBAYRAK (Thesis author), G. DEMİREL (Thesis Advisor), Pre And Post Treatment Platelet Activation And Antibody Binding Capacity Of Platelets In Iron Deficiency Anemia Cases Occurring Due To Menstrual Cycle And Malnutrition With Thrombocytosis, Biotechnology (MSc.), Graduate School of Natural and Applied Sciences, Yeditepe University, Turkey, 08 May 2012.
Projects of Yeditepe University Students
- Levent Solim – Evaluating effects of glutathione sythesis depletion via DL-Buthionine-(S, R)-Sulfoximine (BSO) on MCF-7 breast cancer cells’ growth and migration (School of Medicine Phase III student)
- Begüm Balcı, Mert Dolaştır – Investigating effect of growth hormone on preadipocytes’ growth hormone synthesis and growth hormone receptor expression (School of Medicine Phase II students)
- Ece Bıçakçı – Effect of borax based detergent on human cells (School of Medicine Phase II student)
- Duygu Açıktepe – Melatonin effect on in vitro Alzheimer cells (School of Medicine Phase II student)
- Aslı Akgül – Apoptotic effects of curcumin and buthionine sulfoximine combination on glioblastoma cell lines (School of Pharmacy Phase II student)
Projects of TurkMSIC SCORE Exchange Students and Presented at Congresses
- Paula Madalina Lupu, Maria Cristina Ciobanu – The Impact of Iron Chelators on MCF-7 Cancer Growing Cells, Marisiensis, 2018
- Igor Luis Argani - Evaluation of Anti-Neoplastic Effects of Testosterone on Glioblastoma Cells, Congresso Medico Universitario do ABC, 2016
Yeditepe Üniversitesi, Tıp Fakültesi, İmmünoloji Anabilim Dalı, 26 Ağustos Yerleşimi, Kayışdağı caddesi, 34755 Ataşehir – İstanbul
Faks: 0216 578 0575