Founded by Bedrettin Dalan, our university is a foundation university that has been established by İstanbul Education and Culture (İSTEK) Foundation under the legislation number 4142 in 1996. It has a public legal entity as well as financial and administrative autonomy.
Yeditepe University provides an education that is in accordance with the age of information with its contemporary educational programs and applications. Our main campus is named “26 Ağustos Campus”.
Within the campus, there are lecture halls for the first three years of education, Basic Medical Sciences Laboratories, Clinical and Vocational Skills Laboratories as well as other educational facilities, Dean’s Office and the Department of Basic Medicine Sciences.
Also, the Knowledge Center of Yeditepe University strives to provide the best service it can provide to the administrative and academic personnel, students and researchers according to their needs with the resources at its disposal. The books regarding Medicine and Health Sciences within the collection of Knowledge Center are presented to the users on open shelves according to the NLM (National Library of Medicine) classification system. Knowledge Center is supported with 80 internet connection spots and all of it is covered with a wireless connection. Knowledge Center is in service 24/7.
Medical Faculty Hospital has started its service in 2005-2006 academic year at Bostancı, on the main highway. The education of our students continue in our hospital, as well as the Bağdat Street Polyclinic and Balmumcu Ophthalmic Hospital. Also, the new Oncological Surgery Center is planned to be opened at the beginning of 2016.
- Ministry of Health Education Protocol, 2000
- Campus / Basic Medical Sciences Laboratories, 2000-2003
- Yeditepe University Hospital, 2005
- Renewal of Ministry of Health Education Protocol, 2003-2006
- Establishment of Clinical and Vocational Skills Laboratory , Start of Simulated Patient applications, 2005-2006
- The goal of establishment for Clinical and Vocational Skills Laboratory is, primarily, to provide skills training for the pre-clinic and pre-medical students who continue their undergraduate studies in Yeditepe University; as well as to provide and evaluate the basic clinical skills such as receiving medical history, physical inspection, patient-doctor relationship and communication skills, besides the invasive and non-invasive clinical procedures that are identified as vocational skills.
- Taking competence-based educational criteria into consideration, learning-by-doing techniques and wholistic learning approaches are added and humanistic educational techniques are employed. ICP, a block program in our faculty, is conducted independently from our committee courses and aims to provide skills training to pre-clinic and premedical students In this regard, it aims to provide feedback about student performances, evaluating their fundamental clinic and vocational skills and their competency.
- First adaptation efforts into the National Core Education Program 2005
- Teaching Teachers Course (University of Florida in collaboration with Yeditepe University Faculty of Medicine) , 12-15/12/2005 Teaching Teachers Course, "Epidemiology Methods: Beyond the basics for observational research design and analysis."
- Establishment of Department of Medical Education, 2007
- Teaching Teachers Course (University of Illionis at Chicago College of Medicine DME in collaboration with Yeditepe University Faculty of Medicine Dep. of Med. Ed.), Teaching Teachers Course , “Curriculum Development and Change” “Standardized Patient / OSCE”, “Advanced OSCE”, 2007-2008
- The European University Association / SWOT ANALYSIS 2007
- Council of Deans of the Departments of Medicine / National Council of Medical Education Accreditation (UTEAK)
- A member has been recommended to UTEAK upon request, and a member of our academic staff is in active role in UTEAK Commission of Consultancy and Education representing Yeditepe University Faculty of Medicine.
- Yeditepe University Faculty of Medicine hosted UTEAK’s first Visitation Team Training Meeting. 25-26 September 2010
- Relationship with Medical Education Development Foundation (TEGED)
- Membership of Medical Education Development Foundation Board of Executives, 2010-1012, 2012-2014, 2014-2016
- Efforts for Improving Clinical Education
- In order to enable students to see and monitor more patients and to contribute their knowledge and skills regarding the various approaches of different institutions, a cooperation should be realized in an institutionalized structure with the first, second and third degree institutions of the Ministry of Health.
- Teacher Improvement Program (YEGEP), 2011
- Within the framework of this program, it is aimed to improve and standardize the knowledge and skills of a group of minimum 12 people and a maximum of 18 who are active lecturers in educational events conducted towards students, other members of the medical staff and colleagues; about teaching and evaluation with contemporary and valid methods. It is also aimed to trian them in a way that they will take responsibility in the process of managing the evaluation within Yeditepe University Department of Medicine.
- Education Applications 1st Module: 26-27 February 2011 Fundamental Knowledge and Skills in Medical Training
- Education Applications 2nd Module: 26-27 March 2011 Introduction to Evaluation – Testing Knowledge
- Education Applications 3rd Module : 30 April-01 May 2011 Testing the Students’ Skills and Performance Evaluation
- Hosting of Medical Education Development Foundation (TEGED) 2014 National Congress
- Yeditepe University Faculty of Medicine has been given a Full Accreditation Status by the Foundation of Evaluation and Accreditation of Medical Education Programs (TEPDAD) National Commitee of Medical Education Accreditation (UTEAK) until 2020.
- Yeditepe University Faculty of Medicine applied to World Federation of Medical Education (WFME) and the Foundation of Evaluation and Accreditation of Medical Education Programs (TEPDAD) National Committee of Medical Education Accreditation (UTEAK) that is recognized by the Committee of Higher Education (YÖK) in February 2013.
- It has been deemed that Yeditepe University Faculty of Medicine Undergraduate Medical Training Program meets the Turkish National Standards of Undergraduate Medical Training, and with the decision of TEPDAD at their 11.04.2014 meeting, our faculty has been accredited until 01.01.2020, as a result of the evaluation of National Committee of Medical Education Accreditation.
- Following this, Yeditepe University Faculty of Medicine has become the 21st faculty that has been accredited by the Foundation of Evaluation and Accreditation of Medical Education Programs, National Committee of Medical Education Accreditation.
- Yeditepe University Hospital and its affiliates have been accredited on 2 November, 2007 by the JCI (Joint Commission International). In other words, it has become the first Turkish University Hospital Group that has documented its quality and success at an international level. After being accredited for the second time in 2010, in 2014, our hospital has been accredited for the third time including the new standards for Academic Medical Center Hospitals by JCI, proving that its quality is also sustainable.